A is for... The Alphabet Photo Project

Charly on Podcastdove has a new photography project starting today which I shall endeavour to join in with every week.

The Alphabet Photo Project looks great fun and should stretch my imagination over 26 weeks!

I have a love of macro photography, especially flowers with their stunning colours and intricate designs.  I love the way macro shows every detail, this is an old photo and not nearly macro enough for me now.

For this week, A is for Ant on Aquilegia.




Aquilegia comes from the Latin 'aquila' meaning eagle as the flowers can look like an eagle swooping.


But I like to think beautiful thoughts and to me  this looks like a collection of Doves, the symbol of love, peace and harmony  .....


Photography

20 comments:

  1. Such beautiful flowers and photos! Do you grow them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, well, they all grow in my garden, very prolific but gorgeous too!

      Delete
  2. I love Aquilegia such beautiful flowers, great photos too :-) #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever. You snuck an ant into the first shot too! They are beautiful flowers. You look like you have some interesting varieties. Mine have all cross polinated, so they aren't so colourful.#AlphabetPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE these - both of them. Was going to say the Aquelgia is my favourite but then you threw in the Doves (biaised!). Wonderful post, thank you so much for sharing and joining in #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers and love that you have caught an ant too in that first one x #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding photography, those gorgeous flowers remind me of my floristry days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and amazing photographs. The colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, we've planted a few in the garden, just lovely #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats always a problem with me I dont know their names but I love them flowers nonetheless =) #AlphabetPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers, and photos. I love the little ant in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love aquilegia - for years I thought they were just weeds as they grew randomly in the jungle that was our front garden! I then took a photo of it, and a friend online told me what it was! Here's my A for #AlphabetPhoto x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful photos and flowers. I'm impressed you managed to get two A's in one photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful photos of those lovely flowers. That first purple one is gorgeous! #alphabetphoto

    http://www.superbusymum.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers, I would never have known its name. Very clever getting the ant in as well

    ReplyDelete